Do You Need A Building Permit?

If you are: altering an existing building, constructing a new building, doing major repairs, adding a solar collector, adding a bay or bow window, cleaning out drainage ditches or ponds, doing any brush or tree cutting, filling or grading in a floodzone, wetland or shoreland area, you probably DO need a zoning permit.  For information call: Dane County Zoning  266-4266.  To view the Dane County Zoning Code of Ordinances visit their website at

In addition to a Dane County Zoning permit you may also need a Town of Dunn building permit to remodel, replace siding or windows, build, repair, or add to your home, deck or other structures.  For information, call Mary at the Town Hall at 838-1081 ex 201.

For information about driveway permits, bartender's license, coin machine license, cigarette license, dog license or other town permits and licenses, please contact the Town Hall at 838-1081 ext 201.

After speaking with Mary at the Town Hall about your building project, you may pay your building permit at this site:

©2016 Town of Dunn 4156 County Rd. B | McFarland, WI 53558
P: 608-838-1081 | F: 608-838-1085
created using: