Recent changes that affect Voters
• Voters must reside at their current address for 28 consecutive days prior to Election Day
ABSENTEE VOTING IN THE CLERK'S OFFICE STARTS 15 DAYS PRIOR TO ELECTION DAY AND ENDS AT 5:00 P.M. ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE ELECTION. ABSENTEE VOTING IN THE CLERK'S OFFICE ON THE MONDAY PRECEDING THE ELECTION IS NO LONGER ALLOWED.
• You may register to vote until the Friday before the election.
• You may register online at https://myvote.wi.gov/ or in the Clerk's office and proof of residence must be provided. The proof of residence must contain your name and current address.
• You may also register on the day of the election with proof of residence. Proof of residence must contain your name and current address.
• Election officials shall accept proof of residence documents that contain a current and complete name and address:
• Current and valid driver's license.
• A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
• Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
• An official identification card or license issued by an employer in the normal course of business that contains a photograph of the cardholder or license holder, but not including a business card.
• A real property tax bill or receipt for the currenty year or the year preceding the date of the election.
• A residential lease
• A university, college or technical college identification card that contains a photograph of the cardholder with either:
A fee payment receipt issued to the cardholder by the university, college, or technical college dated no earlier than 9 months before the election.
A certified and current list of students who reside in housing sponsored by the university, college, or technical college showing the current address of the students, if the election official verifies that the student presenting the card is included on the list.
• A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made.
• A bank statement.
• A paycheck
• A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
For further information, you may contact the Government Accountability Board at http://gab.wi.gov or call 1-866-VOTE-WIS